The Nassett General Store was the first retail store to open in the fledgling Robbinsdale community. They catered to the farmers in this rural area and provided hardware. The Nassett family lived above the store and became early civic leaders. The building was built in 1888.
It is reported that the pump which was installed in front of the building, furnished the finest, purest water in the county. Farmers came from miles around to fill their pails. Stress from the pumps increased and Nassett wearied of bearing the cost of repairs. He asked the city fathers to contribute to the cost of maintenance. They declined to become involved. In a fit of pique Nassett pulled the pump and buried the well.