In 1880 Floyd E. Nash purchased 40 acres on the eastern shore of Crystal Lake. Floyd is probably best remembered for his Nash Land and Fuel Company, but in 1916 he opened a bath house on his lake property. The Crystal Baths was a big hit. It opened with 24 lockers and later increased to 900 lockers. The facility featured tobaggan slides, boat rides, a fishing dock, picnic grounds and rental cottages.