In 1935 the federal government added $135,000 to the $124,000 voted on by tax payers for the construction of a new high school. Ground was broken at Regent and 42nd in March of 1936. The building was completed over the summer and classes started on September 11th. The new school was built 30 feet from the old Parker School. Two homes were removed to make way for it. The building was dedicated on May 19th, 1937.