About 1925 the names of the streets were changed to eliminate duplication and to bring about a unified system between the villages of Crystal, Golden Valley, and Robbinsdale. Villas Avenue became Noble Avenue. Legend has it that the old man who owned the little house with the cupola would invite neighborhood children in for a view of the whole town from his attic. College Avenue, named for the Lutheran Seminary that burned down in the 1890’s was renamed Regent.
postcards courtesy of Jeff Vick