The Robbiinsdale Library opened on January 4, 1926. The cost of construction was funded with donations from local citizens and the library club. The Hennepin County Library system took over the library in 1972, but the library club still owned the building and grounds. After the new Rockford Road Library opened, the old Robbinsdale Library was closed in 1975. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. These days library has been put to good use serving as a home for the Robbinsdale Historical Society and the Robbin Gallery.