In 1923 construction began on a Lutheran mission church at 41st and Regent Avenue North. A dedication ceremony took place on Sunday, April 20th, 1924. Rev. H.L. Paul was called to serve the mission congregation. The church was organized as The Lutheran Church of Redeemer on November 9. The congregation grew steadily over the years. During the depression the church hit hard times financially and almost disbanded, but the congregation was able to persevere and a parsonage was built at 4043 Regent Avenue in 1938. Over the next twenty-five years continued to grow. A building program for a new church was started in 1950. The following year three lots were purchased at 42nd and Scott Avenue North in Robbinsdale and the new location of the church was dedicated on March 30, 1952. The entire congregation walked to the new church in procession with the Elders bearing the sacred books and vessels. During the next eight years property was purchased for parking and a temporary educational building. The congregation continued grew and grew. A new church was again needed to accommodate everyone. The ground-breaking ceremony for the current structure took place on March 14, 1965. The old mission church on 41st and Regent is now home to the Robbinsdale Alcoholics Anonymous .