In April of 1949, the new fire and police station was formally dedicated. At 2:00 a whistle blew and the firemen marched with the Robbinsdale and Anoka city bands from their old home in back of City Hall on West Broadway to their new quarters on Hubbard Avenue. The police department provided free coffee and doughnuts. Mayor Wallace handed over huge keys to Police Chief Matt Spurzem and Fire Chief Frank Cherveny.
In 2001, the city of Robbinsdale worked with Metro Transit on the $3 million Hubbard Marketplace. The redevelopment created a transit hub and updates Hubbard Avenue to include two shared public parking lots for downtown businesses, a farmers market pavilion and a spectacular renovation of the old Robbinsdale Police and Fire Building.