The Ewald Bros. Dairy, established in 1886, started out with a herd of cows in South Minneapolis. They moved north to Golden Valley when the Minneapolis Park Board bought the land around Lake Hiawatha. The Ewalds operated an extensive dairy with more than 50 milk routes in Robbinsdale, Minneapolis and the surrounding countryside. This photo of Ray and Dewey Ewald with their milk wagon was snapped in the McNair Manor neighborhood about 1920.