In 1916 William J. Muller opened his first drug store in a little wooden building next door to Gus Urban’s Meat Market. Ten years later, he built a new brick front drug store and the adjoining Crystal Theater. The Robbinsdale Village Council Minutes of 1926 record that Mueller requested sidewalk be laid in front of his new building on the south west corner of 42nd and West Broadway.
The little, 350 seat theater didn’t have a snack bar, but a doorway led from the lobby to the candy counter in the adjoining Mueller’s Drug Store. In 1931, the Crystal Theater underwent a major remodeling and reopened as a movie house for talking motion pictures.
In 1938, The Crystal Theater was purchased and renamed the Robin Theater by William and Sidney Volk’s Minnehaha Theatre Corporation . In 1949, the Volks closed the Robin Theater and began construction on the mighty Terrace Theater. The Robin became a dry cleaner and laundry for a couple years before the building was torn down in the late 1950’s. The part of the building that was Mueller Drug stood on the corner until 1980, Matching tile and brick work are still visible on an adjacent store front facing West Broadway.