Floyd E. Nash opened his bath house in 1916. The Crystal Bath opened with 24 lockers, 12 for women and 12 for men. In 1923 a larger building was built. Business boomed and Nash found himself renting out 900 lockers. The facility featured toboggan slides, boat rides, a fishing dock, picnic grounds and rental cottages. A locker rented for five cents a day. A locker, suit and towel went for 30 cents. Swimming was free. After the baths closed in 1933, Floyd E. Nash built 16 cottages on Crystal Lake. Some were remodeled for year-around use. In addition to the bathing beach, Nash specialized in growing hot house lettuce. In 1936 he went into the fuel business and moved to Minneapolis. His sister, Ruby Nash lived in the 10 room family farm house on the east side of Crystal Lake until the mid-1960’s.