Scott’s Emporium

Here’s a early twentieth century photo of J.B. and Hazel Scott waiting for customers to hitch up horses in front of their grocery at 4143 West Broadway. Grenell’s Pool Hall opened above the little store in April of 1909. Before it opened The Robbinsdale Tellit newspaper promised the community that  William F. Grenell’s pool hall on the second floor of the J.B. Scott building was to be run in strictly up-to-the minute fashion.