Father William H. Blum dedicated Sacred Heart’s little wooden church on Christmas Day in 1911. At that time the Robbinsdale parish was made up of 38 families. In 1914 rectory was built and the church was resurfaced in brick. A school was added in 1927 and the convent went up a year later. Father Blum died in 1931 and was succeeded by Father Nolan who served the parish until his death in 1966.