In 1913 the old Parker School, built in 1890, was deemed too small for a growing student body numbering over 200 students. $14,000 in bonds were issued to pay for the construction of four additional classrooms on the front of the building. The name was changed to Robbinsdale Public School. Carrie Swift organized Robbinsdale’s first Parent Teacher Association the same year. Back in those days the P.T.A provided hot lunches, milk and clothing for kids that would have otherwise gone without.