The old Robbinsdale High School on Regent was built with $124,000 from local tax payers and $135,000 provided by the federal government’s Public Works Administration. The building is remembered as one of the best investments Robbinsdale ever made. By 1956 enrollment had increased to 9,400 students. The building became a junior high after the new high school was built on Toledo Avenue North. After the junior high was closed in 1979, The school became a recreation and technology learning campus. The building was demolished in 2005 to make way for Parker Village Townhouses.