The MacDonald and Russ Grocery on the southwest corner of 42nd and West Broadway. Pictured from left to right are Everie Russ, Ross Wiley, Allan MacDonald and Herbert Clasen.
After Nathan Russ retired he turned his grocery business over to his son Everie. In 1914, the June 18th edition of the Robbinsdale Tell-It newspaper reported the Loose Wiles Biscuit Company would hold a demonstration of its goods at the Russ-McDonald store. Everyone was invited to sample many delicious articles and the Russ-McDonald Store had completed a remodeling with a “new and commodius front put in.”