The Hubbard Marketplace Then and Now

In April of 1949, the new fire and police station was formally dedicated. At 2:00 a whistle blew and the firemen marched with the Robbinsdale and Anoka city ban...

Our Old Village Hall

Robbinsdale’s Village Hall was originally built for the Village of Crystal in 1888. The dedication ceremonies included a banquet with foods furnished by e...

Three for Robbinsdale

What are these guys smiling about? Chas. O. Wallace ( left.) Wallace was Robbinsdale’s first city clerk. He held office from 1938 until 1945. He served as...

The Armistice Day Blizzard

The morning of November 11th, 1940 brought with it unseasonably high temperatures. By early afternoon temperatures soared into the 60s. Less than 24 hours later...

Our First Fire Engine

  The Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1894. Here isĀ  a “Bucket Brigade” pictured with the first real fire engine purchased in 1926. ...