Making Way for Red Owl

1954 The old Village Hall, built in 1888, on West Broadway was torn down to make room for the parking lot which was needed if the Red Owl store was to be establ...

A Flag Pole on Highway 52

1946 A May 9th copy of the Robbinsdale Post shows a picture of Mrs. Kate Howe, of one of the pioneer families, receiving the 6,000th chest X-ray in the survey b...

The Blizzard

1940 Census: 6,018 (a 36% increase since 1930) The decade of the “forties” will never be forgotten because of World War II. Local events included th...

Robbinsdale’s North Memorial Hospital

After U.S. Navy veteran, Vance C. DeMong became director of Victory Hospital in 1954 the facility was remodeled, reorganized as a private, non-profit and rename...

Princess, His Bride

A gay young prince of the house of Hapsburg brought a gold leaf console table out of the palace of a swarthy Florentine doge 500 years ago and sent it on the ba...