Robbinsdale’s old City Hall on West Broadway was torn down to make room for a Red Owl grocery store parking lot in 1954. Municipal offices had been moved into temporary quarters in the police and fire building on Hubbard Avenue the previous year. Construction on the new government offices behind Robin Center began in 1969. The Robbinsdale Civic Center was dedicated to Mayor Charles O. Wallace on October 24th, 1970. Wallace was the Village Recorder in 1937. A year later he became Robbinsdale’s first city clerk. He held office from 1938 until 1945. He served as Mayor from 1947 through 1954 and again from 1967 to 1972.