120 Years of Meat

The Urban Meat Market opened in 1892 and is the oldest continuous business on Robbinsdale’s main street. The previous owners were J. Coulter, G.J. Urban, K. Hoffman Senior, K. Hoffman Junior and H. Hakenmuller. It is currently owned by J. Lindenfelser. The Robbinsdale Historical Society commemorated the meat market’s long history with a bronze plaque in 2004.